COMMUNE IN TEA
Two One Act Plays by Douglas Turner Ward
"Brotherhood" & "Day of Absence"
Directed by Leon Williams
CAST: 14 People, 8 men (predominantly men of color), 6 women (predominantly women of color)
WHEN & WHERE: Friday, February 16th at 6:00pm in Theatre 220 (the second floor of the Simons Center for the Arts).
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues
- One contrasting monologue & a personal story that has a clear beginning, middle, & end. The monologue and story should contrast with each other/show a change in character. Personal stories need not be entirely true
You have 2-3 minutes, but do not need to use the entire time.
SIGN UP: Outside Theatre 220 on the bulletin board OR go sign up here for a 5 minute time slot
- BROTHERHOOD: 1 white male & female, 1 black male & female
- DAY OF ABSENCE: 2 white males, 1 black male, 9 non-specific males, 4 non-specific females
Casts will most likely be doubled-cast
- BROTHERHOOD: A liberal white couple entertains a sophisticated black couple in their rather strange, sheet-shrouded living room.
- DAY OF ABSENCE: A satire about an imaginary Southern town where all the black people have suddenly disappeared.
OTHER INFO: Saturday & Sunday at the end of Spring Break are mandatory for the cast and crew to attend.
Any questions about the auditions, email the director, Leon Williams at williamsL4@g.cofc.edu.